Say goodbye to your razor and get smooth, hair free skin. Laser Hair Removal has become a very popular Non-surgical Cosmetic Treatment among men and women. It is not only convenient but can save you time and money in the long run.
Laser Hair removal uses a light technology emitted from a health Canada approved medical laser. It’s based on the principle of light being attracted to and absorbed by the pigment(melanin) contain within the hair follicle.
The light damages the hair follicle. After you finish your laser sessions, you will say goodbye to shavers, and all waxing.
What are some Commonly Treated Areas?
Almost any part of the body can be treated with a few exceptions. Laser Hair removal is not recommended for inside the ears, inside the nose and eyebrows. These areas are considered unsafe to be treated with Laser.
How is Laser Hair Removal Performed?
- Before your Treatment we will perform a detailed consultation to assess whether you’re a candidate and the option best suited for you. We highly recommend you disclosing your medical and medication details with us at this time.
- Avoid using skin care products that will make the skin more sensitive, some of these includes, retinoids, retinols, Vitamin A, salicylic acid and Hydroquinone.
- We also ask that you do not wax, pluck or perform any other depilatory treatments for at least 2 weeks before your scheduled treatment. This allows the hair follicle to remain intact for the procedure. You should also avoid tanning beds/ tanning due to the fact that the Harmony Laser from Alma uses light energy and a tanned/pigmented skin will have adverse effects at time of your Hair removal session.
During Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment, our trained Medical Aesthetician will clean and prep the area to be treated. You will be given protective eye wear and an ultrasound gel will be applied to the area. Next the laser will be glided over the skin releasing laser light or pulses. An automatic cooling system will remove heat from your skin, this will be done before, during and after your treatment to keep you comfortable. Your medical aesthetician will communicate with you regarding your discomfort level. She can adjust the treatment settings according to your comfort. It’s important to communicate with your Technician.
After your session, you will still experience a little discomfort, such as burning sensation, or an elastic band snapping. This discomfort will is very mild. We may choose to continue with the cooling. No anesthesia or pain medication is needed.
When will I see results?
Results can be seen a few days after your first treatment, with each subsequent session you’ll continue to see more reduction of hair. Because each hair follicle is in a different growth phase you can defintitely see more hair returning after a few weeks, your next session will target these follicles and with each new treatment session more hair follicles will begin to get weaker.
It is very IMPORTANT to ensure that you show up for your scheduled sessions every 4-6 weeks as advised by your laser technician. Our technicians are highly trained medical aestheticians that received further training from Alma Laser. They understand how the Harmony Laser technology works for hair removal. It’s important to only have your Hair Removal Treatment done by trained medical aestheticians.
Is Laser Hair removal Permanent?
No one can ever remove 100% of hair in any treated body part, we can promise you that you’ll see a significant reduction. Patients are recommended to come in for touch-ups once yearly in order to maintain a carefree results.
At what age can I start having laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is suitable for all ages as long as we have the permission of a parent for patients under 18 yrs. At time of consultation we require a parent to sign all documents for patients under 18yrs of age.
Are there any side effects associated with Laser Hair Removal?
You may experience some redness and minor skin irritation in the area treated. This will subside after a few hours /days.
How many sessions do I need?
It’s important to book a consultation with our knowledgeable Skin Care Specialist, at this time we will determine how many sessions you’ll need. Sessions are usually determined by the body part being treated for hair removal.
What’s the price for Laser Hair Removal?
Cost from Laser Hair Removal at VIP MEDSPA is determined by a few important factors.
- We are a Medical Spa that is Physician supervised , this means that all of our Medical Aestheticians and Procedures performed in our Clinic is overseen by our Physician/Medical Director.
- Our Medical Aestheticians and Skin Care Specialists are highly trained in their area of expertise. They’ve all received training from an Accredited Institution, trained on the job and trained by the manufacturers of Harmony Laser.
- Our Physician is Board Certified is a member of several professional organizations.
- We only use Health Canada Approved equipment and the best in the industry. We have researched our Laser Technology to ensure that our patients get the safest, most current & best Laser technology available. Our patients are very important to us.
- For all Hair Removal Treatments at VIP MEDSPA , you can choose from one of our curated packages or you can pay as you go. The choice is yours but at time of consultation our staff will give you their advise.